Participant seeing multi-colored video feed

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

Video SDK Type and Version
Video SDK Web 1.12.1
Description
User experiencing multi-colored video rendering

Session ID:73OuCwnrRFWCM6ObB37ZCA==

Troubleshooting Routes

• Tried turning off that Edge security strict setting anothe post mentioned with no success.

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior including:
*1. Participant joins the call
*2. When participant renders the video they see a green video
*3. Edge v127.0.2651.86 on a Dell Latitude 5540 with a 13th Gen Core i7, 16GB of RAM, pushing a pair of 27" 4K monitors.

I’ve not seen this before, but I can see what I can do to recreate it. How are you rendering the video? Any code repositories I could look through?

Thanks in advanced!

Hey @sam9

Thanks for your feedback.

Can I confirm if you have completely disabled the ‘Enhanced Your Security on the Web’ setting?

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

This occurred with a client of ours so I’m not going to reach out to take up more of their time but I did toggle that setting on and off on my machine and I couldn’t reproduce the issue.

Are you guys looking into how to fix this issue without requiring the user on Edge to turn this setting from strict to balanced? Not to be that guy and you already know this but that isn’t really a practical solution to this problem.

Hey @sam9

We’ve been aware of this issue for quite some time and have reported it to Microsoft. Additionally, we’ve communicated with Microsoft’s engineers through internal channels, but unfortunately, they have yet to resolve the issue.

We will continue to follow up until this issue is addressed.

Thanks
Vic

1 Like

Thanks – thats fair for sure.