Pinned user gets overwritten by screen share

Description
I am facing the problem with the Zoom Web SDK that when screen sharing is activated that its overwrites “Pinning” even the user is Co-host.

I think this should be handled like Spotlight. When a user is Co-Host and pins a user his decision should not be overwritten.

Which Web Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable):

1. Make Web SDK user Co-Host
  2. Pin another user.
  3. Another user starts screen sharing

Hey @andresavic ,

Thanks for sharing this. Can you also include a screenshot so we have a visual of the issue?

-Tommy

Here a screenshot. You can see that “Hana” is pinned on the Zoom Web SDK her image got overwritten by the screen share. Hope this will help.

Hey @andresavic,

While you can pin a user so their video takes up the entire screen in Speaker View, once screen sharing starts this is no longer possible. Instead, in all views, the user is still pinned but they are pinned to the start of the webcam preview area. This is true even with the Zoom App and the Zoom Web Client.

I can see how retaining the pinned user would be beneficial though. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category or reaching out via our Feedback Form.

Let me know if that helps to address your issue.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.