POST Channel throws 500 error

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am using Postman
{{baseUrl}}/chat/users/my/channels throws 500 Internal Server error

I am able to do a GET for the above URL without any errors, The issue is only with POST throwing a 500 error.

Error
500 Internal Server error
{{baseUrl}}/chat/users/my/channels

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Knowing the endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
    Payload:
    {
    “name”: “Testing”,
    “type”: 2,
    “members”: [{“email":"vk@gmail.com”}]
    }

2. See error
    500 Internal Server error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.
This is a user Manager App. App name= [PrcUserZoom]

chat_channel:write is already part of the scopes
“scope”: “chat_channel:read chat_channel:write chat_contact:read chat_message:read chat_message:write contact:read meeting:read meeting:write pac:read pac:write recording:read recording:write user:read user:write user_info:read user_zak:read webinar:read webinar:write”

I saw this forum posting(DELETE Works, but w/500 Status Code - #21 by tommy ) to get call logs, but I dont see that option in my setting. I see only “Created Apps” and “Installed Apps” option. No option to view Call logs, for me to troubleshoot.

Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue ?

Hi,

Seems like you arent using the endpoint correctly.

Here is the endpoint : /chat/users/{userId}/channels

Where it says userID, you can use:

• user ID
  • email
  • me

Thanks

POST {{baseUrl}}/chat/users/me/channels

Body=
{
“name”: “Testing”,
“type”: 2,
“members”: [{“email":"test123@gmail.com”}]
}

Response: 500 Internal Server Error

If I do the GET on the above url, there is no error

Does this user belong to the same Zoom Account as yours?

I should have mentioned, I didnt give the actual email address of the contact in this forum post. But, Yes, I and the contact belong to the same company zoom account. Let me know if I should email you separately, to provide the user email address - Not sure if that will help to check on your end to see why there is a 500 error.

Additional info, I am not sure if this will be helpful, the error seems to happen even before authentication. i.e. even with an expired token, I am seeing this 500 error. Ofcourse I get the same error even after I use the refreshed token. As mentioned before, if I change the POST to GET and run the GET channels, there is no error - ofcourse, the response shows # of records zero.

Some more additional info… In my corporate zoom account, which I was using tor the Zoom API, I didnt see the channel tab (saw only the contacts tab in the UI). This made me think there is something specific to the account due to which I cannot call the create channel API. So, I created a new API tried to my gmail account. I still get the same 500 error when creating a channel from my gmail account, inviting another gmail user. Running out of ideas on how to troubleshoot this issue.

Hi @vkartik can you reply to our email conversation that we were having? Please send me your complete request in cURL format.

Thanks

Hi,
Responded via email

Thanks

Thanks @vkartik,

Our team will be in touch shortly!

Ojus.As mentioned in the email, using the free trial account did not help. I am getting the same error. More details in the email sent to you
{
“code”: 300,
“message”: “Invalid parameter: members.”
}

Thank you @vkartik — we will be in touch over email.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.