preLoadWasm and prepareJssdk

Description
These two required calls (ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm and ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk) are mysterious in their side effects on the DOM and on the globally scoped CSS. I couldn’t find any information about this in the documentation and I couldn’t use the Devtools debugger to deduce it easily for myself. Including these calls (actually ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm by itself is enough) has some unexpected side-effects on my page layout though. Would it be possible for the Zoom dev team to disclose the “global” effects of these calls so that we can properly account for / cope with them in our web application?

Which Web Client SDK version?

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Chrome
  • Browser Version: 90.0.4430.93 (Official Build) (64-bit)
    (Probably not relevant)
1 Like

Hey @victor.aprea,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We have some information on the Appended DOM Elements that might help explain what you’re seeing.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM having explored the documentation further, I’m not sure I should be using this SDK at all. Can you give me an idea when it’s appropriate to use the Client SDKs vs the Video SDKs? That seems to be a significant point of confusion for my team.

Hey @victor.aprea ,

You can see the differences here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk#comparing-zoom-sdks

A basic example is if you want to embed the Zoom Meeting Experience in your website and use all the supported Zoom Web SDK features, you should use the Client SDK. Example:

If you just need to power video / audio streaming for your website like a multiplayer game, or networking app, you should use the Video SDK. Example:

Let me know if that clears things up! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.