Publishing a Server-to-Server OAuth App on Zoom Marketplace

I’m having trouble understanding the marketplace.zoom.us. I have a web form with the following inputs:

• Title
  • Description
  • Meeting Start Time
  • Meeting Duration

I want this form to send the information to my server to create a Zoom meeting and return the meeting URL, which I can share with others to join the meeting.

When you click ‘Develop’ → ‘Build an App,’ there are three options:

1. General app
  2. Server-to-server OAuth app
  3. Webhook-only app

I already built a ‘server-to-server OAuth app’ that works as needed. However, while creating this app, I was never asked about the intent, nor could I change this option. Currently, it says ‘Intend to publish: No,’ but I want to publish this app.

1. Did I create the wrong type of app? I see that the general app has production/development tabs, but my ‘server-to-server OAuth app’ works well.
  2. Is there no option to publish a ‘server-to-server OAuth app’? If so, how?

Hi @bizbazjobs
Thanks for reaching out to us!
If you want your app to be published in the Marketplace to have users authorize this app on their account, then yes, you created the wrong app. Server to Server apps are internal applications that do not require user interaction:

So, there is no option to publish server to server apps, if you want to create an app and have it published in the Markeplace, you will be working with a General app with "Intend to publish: Yes’

1 Like