Query Regarding Start URL for Alternative Hosts via Zoom API

Dear Zoom Support Team,

I am using the Zoom API to create meetings and have added an alternative host to the meeting. However, I noticed that the API provides a start URL for the main host, but not for the alternative host.

When the alternative host uses the provided start URL, the Zoom app opens and starts the meeting, but it shows the name of the main host instead of the alternative host. This is causing confusion.

Is there any way to get a start URL specifically for the alternative host so that the meeting shows the correct name when they start it? I found some old threads regarding this issue, but they are outdated. I would like to confirm if there is a current solution or any workaround to achieve this.

Thank you for your assistance.

@dev_trilok_007 the start URL should have the ZAK token of the original host, hence when using that link, it will start the meeting as the original host.

If you want to start the meeting as the alternative host, you will need to get the alternative host’s ZAK token

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.