Questions about creating a custom streaming service for zoom meetings

Hi there - I am trying to create an app that needs access to a zoom meeting’s audio and video stream. I understand that I need to create a custom streaming service for that. As a proof-of-concept, I decided to create a custom streaming service using Amazon AWS by using this tutorial here: https://aws.amazon.com/solutions/implementations/live-streaming-on-aws/

To implement the custom streaming service using AWS Cloudformation template provided in that link, I need the following information for the stream that will be pushed to the custom streamer:

• Source Input Type: choose one of RTP_PUSH, RTMP_PUSH, URL_PUSH. I am guessing zoom streams are “RTMP_PUSH” right?

• To restrict the source from which the stream will be received, AWS allows us to restrict the IP CIDR range that will have permissions to push the stream to the custom streamer service. Is there a specific IP CIDR range for zoom that i could provide so that some bad actor does not start pushing streams into my custom streamer?

• Being pretty new to this space, I am mostly interested in the audio from the stream rather than the video… When I get the stream (which is essentially the video and the audio from the meeting), how can I extract the audio stream from it for our internal processing?

Thanks!
Shu

Hi @shubhamshukla7,

Since our Livestreaming service is supported by our Technical Support team, they’ll be best suited to assist you with this. You can reach out to them directly here.

Thanks,
Will

Thank you, @will.zoom

Hi @will.zoom - I created a case with the tech support team on the link you provided but it seems like the case was “auto closed”. Do you happen to know what options I have to get my question answered?

Hi @shubhamshukla7,

It looks like you might have a Basic/free Zoom account, which is why you would’ve gotten this message. Have you had a chance to check this Support Article?:

@will.zoom - thank you so much for your prompt response. Yes, using that link and other resurces, I managed to figure out answers to two of my three questions… but one question that still remains to set up for my usecase is:

Q. To restrict the source from which the stream will be received, my custom streamer allows us to restrict the IP CIDR range that will have permissions to push the stream to the custom streamer service. Is there a specific IP CIDR IP range for zoom that i could provide so that some bad actor does not start pushing streams into my custom streamer? Basically, I don’t want to open up “0.0.0.0/0” as the source for my custom streamer… instead I ONLY want zoom to be able to stream to my service.

Hey @shubhamshukla7,

You can find our IP Ranges here:

Let me know if this helps!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.