How do I get an output from Zoom as an RTMP push/pull,HLS, RTP for AWS Elemental Media Connect?

I need to know how I can get an output from Zoom as an RTMP push/pull,HLS, RTP. If so, how do I do that?

I am trying to establish a connection from Zoom to AWS Elemental Media Connect so that I can build out my own channel that syndicates Zoom meetings to my own online channel that I am building. This is similar to going from Zoom to Facebook Live or YouTube Live, except it would go to my channel live for the user (streamer).

I wasn’t sure if I needed to build an app in the Zoom marketplace in addition to receiving the output from Zoom or not. Please advise on the next best steps.

Thank you

Doug Devitre

You should have the option to do “Custom Live Streaming Service” in your user settings. In the meeting, you can either then select that as an option and then enter your Streaming URL & Key or do it via API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetinglivestreamupdate

1 Like

Hey @dougdevitre,

Like @samly said, please see this support doc about custom live streaming:

Thanks,
Tommy

hi,@tommy why stream url is request parameter?
Shouldn’t it be the response body?and i how to get it?
or stream url just is the push stream url?not pull stream url?
zoom pushes the live stream to the user’s own server, and then the user pulls the stream by himself for live broadcasting? If so, what is the role of the key and page url behind?

Hey @7521abcd,

For custom live streaming questions feel free to reach out to support.zoom.us since it is not apart of the Zoom App Marketplace.

Thanks,
Tommy

i need to know the range ip class from zoom.us push rtmp streaming, because i need to insert this data on AWS mediaLive Input security group in CIDR-formatted strings like this example

72.52.64.0/18

because aws wants to know from which ip you want to stream

Best regards,
Dario

Hi @dario,

Please reach out to support.zoom.us, and they should be able to provide you with this information and/or further assist.

Thanks,
Will

Hi, is there a way I can get my meeting video outputted to a custom RTMP input of my choice? Please be technical and clear. Support pages like this are ambiguous.

My needs are simple. I build streaming websites whose streamed contents come from my configured AWS broadcasting HLS outputs, and I need to input my zoom meeting composite video signal to my AWS RTMP input.

Thanks,

Hi @frsmoray,

At the moment, we don’t have an out-of-the-box solution for outputting audio to a custom RTMP input of your choice.

However, we are in the process of rolling out a new SDK that will provide access to raw audio/video and allow for this kind of customization in terms of your audio output. You can find more information on this here:

Should you have further questions about this, please post in #fully-customizable-web-sdk

Thanks,
Will

Hi @frsmoray - Were you able to figure this out. I am trying to solve the same problem.

Hey @yasimk,

Have you had a chance to see if our Video SDK would fit your use case for access to raw audio and video data?

Thanks,
Max

Hi @yasimk Were you able to figure this out ?