Questions about OAuth and Zoom API

Hi,
I am designing a web system which can schedule webinars, get results and so on using the Zoom public API.
And I have some questions.

Description
Question 1
Do I need to consult with your company before creating a public app in advance?

According to the following description in the manual, I am thinking I don’t need to do that.
“After you provide the information mentioned above, app credentials (Client ID / Client Secret) will be automatically generated for your app.”

Question 2
I would like to know how to make a public app.

Question 3
I would like to know the time required for the examination.
Also, if there are other tasks that require a waiting time before using the public API, please let me know.
“Each request for a scope will be specifically reviewed by the Zoom Marketplace team on submission”

Question 4
I would like to know the cost.

Question 5
Please let me know if there are any documents or web pages that summarize the above questions 1 to 4.

Question 6
I would like to know the public API that sets the values below.

“My Webinars Schedule a Webinar” screen:
Audio > Allow attendees to use toll-free and fee-based toll call numbers
Audio > Allow attendees to use Call Me
Webinar Options > Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions

I referred to the Zoom API reference below, but couldn’t find the specification.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Hi @yuki_hashimoto,

Thanks for reaching out to our Developer Forum, and great questions! I’m happy to help clarify these points for you.

Do I need to consult with your company before creating a public app in advance?

No, you do not need to consult with us prior to creating an OAuth App. However, you will need to have your app reviewed, prior to making it public. Details below. :slight_smile:

I would like to know how to make a public app.

To make an app public on our Marketplace, you will need to follow our App Submission process and get it approved by our team:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/publishing/app-submission

I would like to know the time required for the examination.
Also, if there are other tasks that require a waiting time before using the public API, please let me know.
“Each request for a scope will be specifically reviewed by the Zoom Marketplace team on submission”

App review time will vary based on the unique structure of the app and how long it takes to implement any feedback from our team. Once you submit your app for review, you can expect a response from our team within that same week most likely.

I would like to know the cost.

There is no additional cost to Publish an app. We generally recommend a Pro or higher license for testing/developing your integration, however.

I would like to know the public API that sets the values below:
“My Webinars Schedule a Webinar” screen:
Audio > Allow attendees to use toll-free and fee-based toll call numbers
Audio > Allow attendees to use Call Me
Webinar Options > Approve or block entry for users from specific countries/regions

Schedule a Webinar:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarcreate

Audio Settings and Webinar Options
These can be set from within the settings object of the above endpoint

Let me know if this helps!
Will

Hi @will.zoom

I am really appreciated for your answer.
A thing still unclear is remaining, please let me ask you a question

To make an app public on our Marketplace, you will need to follow our App Submission process and get it approved by our team:

Can I use web pages written in Japanese for the Support URL, Documentation URL and etc.?

Note :
Our product is almost used only in Japan.
I am thinking of submitting the other requirements in English except for those web pages.

Hi @will.zoom

Additionally, let me ask you a question.

These can be set from within the settings object of the above endpoint

I referred to the settings object, but couldn’t find the parameters.
Could you tell me each the exact parameter name ?

Hey @yuki_hashimoto ,

Checkout the thread here about submitting an app in different languages:

I believe this is the audio setting that @will.zoom was referring to:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy ,

Checkout the thread here about submitting an app in different languages:

The necessary information was written in the thread.
Thank you for your answer.

I believe this is the audio setting that @will.zoom was referring to:

That is not the API parameter what I want to know, sorry.
Let me ask you a little more detail about it.

As shown in the figure below, I am referring to the webinar schedule GUI and API parameters.
The API parameters I want to know (yellow cells) are not listed in the API specification.
I would like to know the parameters are supported by the current API or not.

POST /users/{userId}/webinars

Hi @yuki_hashimoto,

Thank you for the screenshot and for clarifying the exact settings you were referring to—and our apologies for not catching that!

I do not believe these settings are supported by our API currently. However, you make a great suggestion to expose these in our Webinar endpoints.

I’m happy to advocate for this internally—in the meantime, I might also encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Hi @will,

All questions in this thread have been resolved.
Thank you very much and let me apologize for my poor English.

Thanks,
Yuki

No problem, @yuki_hashimoto — glad I could help confirm :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.