Questions before using zoom web sdk

• Does the service work perfectly on mobile browsers without problems?
  • If a business subscription is purchased, are there any limitations for its use?
  • If we buy the broadcasting traffic service, will it be on Zoom servers? Or on our server?
  • Can we set the session with a start, end, and closing date?
  • Does SDK notify the session manager about the end of the session minutes before?
  • Can we benefit from the free package besides the business subscription?
  • Does SDK provide a dashboard to write and draw on it for learning purpose?

Hi @a.assir,

Good questions—happy to clarify.

Does the service work perfectly on mobile browsers without problems?

Yes, our Web SDK is responsive.

If a business subscription is purchased, are there any limitations for its use?

No, this would be sufficient!

If we buy the broadcasting traffic service, will it be on Zoom servers? Or on our server?

Meetings hosted on our Zoom Web SDK are hosted on Zoom servers

Can we set the session with a start, end, and closing date?

When you create a Meeting, you can designate a scheduled start time/date and duration. However, this does not actually control whether or not the meeting will end at a given time. If you wish to handle this, you can end a meeting programmatically via API.

Does SDK notify the session manager about the end of the session minutes before?

No, this is not supported. However, we do have webhooks you can listen for in terms of certain meeting activities.

Can we benefit from the free package besides the business subscription?

We recommend a Pro or higher plan for developing with our Web SDK/APIs, so a business plan would be sufficient.

Does SDK provide a dashboard to write and draw on it for learning purpose?

The Web SDK does not support this currently, though we intend to support this in the future. You can see a list of features currently supported across browsers here:
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/web#browser-support

I hope this helps!
Will

1 Like

If I want to integrate Zoom with Webite and my mobile app, If a (Pro or Education) subscription is purchased, are there any limitations for its use?
Do I have to subscribe to a business subscription or can I subscribe to a Pro subscription?
Thanks

Hi @tarikgok85,

You will want to subscribe to a plan that includes access to any functionalities that your integration is leveraging.

For example, if your integration leverages our Cloud Recording API, it requires a Pro or higher plan, so you would want to make sure you have a Pro or higher plan:

You can find an overview of which plans include access to what functionalities here, by scrolling down to the “Full Plan Comparison +” dropdown:

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.