Zoom SDK suitability for my product and pricing

Hi,

I’m looking at the suitability of the Zoom SDK for a product we a looking to build for a client, and I’m looking to see if the SDK is a) suitable for the requirements, and b) what the pricing model will be.

I’ll try to describe the requirement from a high level:

1. A custom video platform for hosting one to one, or one to many video presentation sessions
  2. This will be an integrated product with our client’s web platform (as opposed to using the standard zoom app)
  3. Users will come to our web platform to attend the sessions
  4. We don’t want a time cap on sessions
  5. There will be two types of attendees, presenters and a participants (one or two presenters per session, and up to 100 attendees)
  6. We want presenters to be able to see participants, but for participants to be able to see ONLY the presenters
  7. Presenters will be able to mute participants audio
  8. A method for participants to get the attention of presenters (raise hand, or other visual/audible signal)
  9. A custom waiting room that participants will see whilst waiting for the presenters to start (e.g showing a video/images/a slide deck etc)
  10. Ability to record and download the sessions. This is restricted to the presenters or an admin user.
  11. Ability to host multiple sessions at the same time
  12. Uniquely identify sessions (i.e. don’t want the concept of a user to be able to reuse an old id to join a future session - although that’s probably on the app to manage)
  13. Support future implementations on native mobile

I’m sure the Client SDK can support a lot of that, but I’m keen to know:

• What is not possible (or maybe possible in using the fully customisable SDK)?
  • What the pricing plan would be - are only the presenters the users who require named seats (participants will frequently change so named participant licences are not practical)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards
Chris

Hey @chris.parr,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to help out here!

The Fully Customizable SDK provides raw video and audio data but lacks some Zoom features such as the concept of a meeting or a user. With this SDK, Zoom does the heavy lifting when it comes to processing and delivering video but your application would need to implement your own meetings, scheduling and user system.

If you just wanted to embed the power of Zoom in your website, the Web SDK may be a better fit.

When it comes to the pricing of the Fully Customizable SDK , we have two different pricing models:

Pay as You Go Model Rate
Up to 10,000 minutes per month Free
Per-minute rate for minutes > 10,000 per month $0.0035
Annual Commitment Model Rate
Monthly 30,000 minute commitment $1,000
Monthly overage per-minute rate (30,000+ minutes) $0.003

You can get started using this SDK by reaching out to our team at this form.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thank you for replying.

So specifically relating to the Client Web SDK after looking further and for completeness, if we were to integrate Zoom into the our client’s website using the Client Web SDK, the following points from my original post are NOT possible:

1. We want presenters to be able to see participants, but for participants to be able to see ONLY the presenters
  2. A custom waiting room that participants will see whilst waiting for the presenters to start (e.g showing a video/images/a slide deck etc)

The rest should be possible with the Web Client SDK?

For pricing using the Web client SDK, we only need licences for the presenters and administrators of the sessions (random attendees we invite do not need licences)?

If you can confirm the above I would be grateful.

Regards

Chris

Hey @chris.parr ,

The closest product Zoom has for this is Webinars. You can use Webinars with the Zoom Client Web SDK.

Checkout Zoom Webinars here: Expand your reach, connect with Zoom Webinars | Zoom

You can accomplish this via a simple screenshare before the Webinar begins.

Correct! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the response, appreciate it.

One final question:
Using the Client Web SDK to implement Zoom Webinars, are the panellists able to see the video of attendees, or is that only possible when they are promoted to be a panellist?

Hey @chris.parr,

Good question! Currently, only panelists video is shown during webinars. In order to see attendee video, you would want to use a meeting instead of a webinar.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.