I’m looking at the suitability of the Zoom SDK for a product we a looking to build for a client, and I’m looking to see if the SDK is a) suitable for the requirements, and b) what the pricing model will be.
I’ll try to describe the requirement from a high level:
- A custom video platform for hosting one to one, or one to many video presentation sessions
- This will be an integrated product with our client’s web platform (as opposed to using the standard zoom app)
- Users will come to our web platform to attend the sessions
- We don’t want a time cap on sessions
- There will be two types of attendees, presenters and a participants (one or two presenters per session, and up to 100 attendees)
- We want presenters to be able to see participants, but for participants to be able to see ONLY the presenters
- Presenters will be able to mute participants audio
- A method for participants to get the attention of presenters (raise hand, or other visual/audible signal)
- A custom waiting room that participants will see whilst waiting for the presenters to start (e.g showing a video/images/a slide deck etc)
- Ability to record and download the sessions. This is restricted to the presenters or an admin user.
- Ability to host multiple sessions at the same time
- Uniquely identify sessions (i.e. don’t want the concept of a user to be able to reuse an old id to join a future session - although that’s probably on the app to manage)
- Support future implementations on native mobile
I’m sure the Client SDK can support a lot of that, but I’m keen to know:
- What is not possible (or maybe possible in using the fully customisable SDK)?
- What the pricing plan would be - are only the presenters the users who require named seats (participants will frequently change so named participant licences are not practical)?
Any help would be appreciated.