React Native Meeting SDK Beta - Unable to Run Example App

First of all, I couldn’t find a React Native category in the forum, which is why I’m posting here.

I am experiencing difficulties with the Zoom React Native Meeting SDK Beta. Despite following the provided documentation, I have been unable to successfully run even the example application provided by Zoom.

Problem Description:

When attempting to join a meeting, I receive the following error:

Failed to join the meeting Error: Join meeting failed

Observed Behavior:

The application does not attempt to connect and immediately throws the error.

SDK Versions Used:

React Native Meeting SDK: [Version 0.0.1]

Android SDK (mobilertc): [Version 6.1.5]

Steps Taken:

1. Followed the Zoom React Native Meeting SDK documentation to set up the project.

2. Used the provided example application to test functionality.

3. Entered valid credentials (JWT, Meeting ID, and Password).

4. Attempted to join the meeting, resulting in the aforementioned error.

Could you please help me resolve this issue? I would appreciate any guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide.

Hi, I’m facing the same issue, I cannot setup the example app properly nor integrate in my existing RN app

1 Like

@luisbernagl @mehulbohra11 Thanks for reporting issues here! I tried with the steps you provided in the post, but I do not see the error. But I do find that, the popup window " Failed to join the meeting Error: Join meeting failed" will show if the jwt token is not correct.

Can you confirm the JWT token is correct, and also make sure the token is updated in Android assets by delete the generated android assets file at example/android/app/src/main/assets/index.android.bundle
(the file might not exist if you have not generated it), and then run
react-native bundle --platform android --dev false --entry-file index.js --bundle-output android/app/src/main/assets/index.android.bundle --assets-dest android/app/src/main/res
command on terminal on /example folder to generate assets for Android each time you update the JWT token.