Recording.completed webhook download_token not working

Description

• Zoom account was switched from being hosted by zoom.us to zoom-x.de, subsequently the download_token provided recording.completed webhook results in a 401 when attempting to download the file defined in download_url

Error?

• 401 http status code

How To Reproduce

1. Zoom account hosted on zoom-x.de
  2. Receive recording.completed webhook
  3. Attempt to download file defined in download_url with the download_token as the auth token
  4. Receive 401 response.

Hi @afinkel , was it more than 24hrs between receiving the webhook and trying to query?

So I was mistaken. We are getting a 200 response back, but with an html login page. I would suspect that the download_token provided with the webhook payload would have sufficient privileges?

The GET request for the file was within 24 hours of receiving the webhook.

Yes provided you use within 24 hrs of receiving the webhook. After 24 hrs, you have to use one of the cloud recording endpoints to receive the recording.

Yes provided you use within 24 hrs of receiving the webhook. After 24 hrs, you have to use one of the cloud recording endpoints to receive the recording.

In that case, why is the GET request failing within 24 hours of receiving the webhook?

Hi @afinkel , the token is for the download_url from the webhook, not for the API.

Hi @afinkel , the token is for the download_url from the webhook, not for the API.

I understand that. We are using the download_token for its intended purpose, but in these cases it returns a login page as opposed to the file itself.

I think I am misunderstanding a bit. Can you please clarify if you’re using the GET API endpoint or you’re using the download_token with the download_url from the webhook?