Recording started callback

Is it possible to setup a “cloud recording started” callback from the electron (or Mac) SDK? I would like to trigger a notification in my app when cloud recording starts.

Hi @vinay,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. I will forward this as a feature request to the engineering team. One alternative solution at the moment would be the Webhook:https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/webhook-reference/recording-events/recording-started

Thanks!

@carson.zoom – thanks for the quick response.

I think I’ve successfully integrated the startCloudRecording, stopCloudRecording, and canStartRecording methods from the native mac SDK into the electron SDK.

When I use them in the demo app, I get ZNSDK_SUCCESS from canStartRecording(true) but 12 from stopCloudRecording (while my meeting is recording). 12 does not seem to be one of the values in ZoomSDKErrors. In ZNSDKError it’s ZNSDKERR_NO_PERMISSION.

added: definitely a “no permission error”

Hi @vinay,

Thanks for the reply. Could you provide an SDK log for us to further investigate? You could set true to enable_log when you use setDomain and if you are using Mac, you will find the SDK log in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/(appName)

Thanks!

Here’s a log from this morning – this is what I did in the app:

1. Logged in with a ZAK token (Meetings default to recording on startup)
  2. Clicked “stop cloud recording button” that I added (error 12)
  3. Stopped recording from the Zoom UI
  4. Clicked “start cloud recording button” that I added (error 12)

Electron.app_0.log

Hi @vinay,

Thanks for the information and the log. We are able to identify an issue based on the info provided and we will fix this in the next release.

Thanks!