Reduce number of subsessions after creating

Description
So I have a need to reduce the number of subsessions created for example from 4 to 2. But the Video SDK only allows for adding subsessions and not removing them. I want to know if there is provision for reducing the number of subsessions or removing the subsessions after creating them.

Which Web Video SDK version?

Hey @godwin.owonam

Thanks for your feedback.

It doesn’t matter.

You can create more sub-sessions than you actually need, but the ones that are truly enabled are those passed in the openSubsessions method.

Thanks
Vic

Thanks for your reply @vic.yang

What I was asking was if it was possible to remove already created subsessions?

Hey @godwin.owonam

We currently do not provide a method to remove a subsession. However, as mentioned above, if a subsession is not needed, you can simply omit it in the openSubsessions method.

Thanks
Vic

Alright.

Many thanks @vic.yang
It’s relieving to know this. Although I would have loved it otherwise but thanks for the workaround.

However @vic.yang
Say I opened 5 subsessions the first time and then choose to open 2 the next time, what happens to the users in the other 3 subsessions, do they get reassigned to the 2 subsessions that have been opened?

Hey @godwin.owonam

No. You need to manually assign users from the other 3 subsessions to these 2 subsessions.

In short, the subsessions specified in openSubsessions method represent the final state of the subsessions you are going to open."

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.