Remove iBus dependency from Debian package

So. ibus is a package in the Depends category for the Debian package for Zoom. This causes problems on many people’s systems, especially if they have already picked another input method manager with which ibus conflicts. You have known about this issue since April 2022. You have been informed that it would be a trivial change to move the package to the Recommends category (or, better yet, the Suggests category), and that this trivial change would alleviate the issue for most users.

There has been a good deal of discussion on this on this forum already, a well written summary of which was prepared back on January 23 by the user scar. I’d provide a link, but apparently I can’t put links in my posts.

But, despite discussion and outreach, there has been no movement on this for about two and a half years now. This is a simple, trivial thing that could be done to alleviate a real issue. The issue was even initially raised by the developers of iBus, and it was explicitly stated that “This should be considered a demand by the GNU/Linux distributions to ZOOM.”! This flagrant disregard for your paying customers is appalling. Must we really repackage your application ourselves in order to make it function on our computers? And what about the people who don’t have the know-how for that?

This whole ordeal is a complete embarrassment, as are a few other things, like the fact that you guys ignored OpenSSL vulnerabilities for 6 months. Now, this, unlike the iBus problem, is an issue that legitimately affected a large portion of your install base. So, at this point, I must ask, do you not fix problems with your product because you don’t want to, or because you can’t due to being mired in bureaucracy and pressure from the higher-ups to add features? Because something tells me that if both of those things were false, you wouldn’t have distributed your application with known security vulnerabilities in it for so long.