Resize custom video element

Hello

Are you able to advise on the difference between resizing a custom video element using setFrame: on the view, and using the SDK’s resize: method on the videoElement - I am finding some weird results (especially with resolutions and retina displays) with both approachs so it would be good to understand the correct approach.

We need to be able to specify the size of the video element so that zoom feeds the video at the required resolution (be it 1080p or 720p) so it would be great to understand the method we should be using

Thanks

Richard

2 Likes

Hi @richard1,

Generally speaking, you should be using the resize method to update the size for a preexisting element. Can you please elaborate on the behavior you are seeing when using this method so that we may investigate further?

Thanks!

Hello

Currently I’m simply resizing the parent view of the video element which generally seems to be successful but I’m interested to know whether calling resize: is likely to create different results or has benefits

I’ll do a few more tests and revert

Richard

Hi @richard1,

Using the resize method is the officially supported way of doing this, so it will be easier for us to support your use case with that method. If you encounter any specific issues while using that method, please let me know so we can investigate.

Thanks!

Thanks Jon - testing that shall be my homework for today!

Sounds good, hopefully everything continues to work properly after updating! :crossed_fingers:

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.