REST API to mute and Unmute Zoom Room

Are there any REST APIs to mute and unmute the zoome room ?

Hi @rahug4u,

Currently we do not have any REST APIs to directly mute or unmute Zoom Rooms within a meeting. However, we are planning on releasing new Zoom Room APIs and webhooks in the near future.
A workaround would be to use the “mute_upon_entry” before joining a meeting[1].

1- https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks

Hi, as you mentioned you are planning to release ZR APIs and webhooks to mute/unmute ZR. Any updates on this or a timeline for this API?

Hey @rsgupta.0110,

We have released update Zoom Room APIs for provisioning of Zoom Rooms, but not in meeting controls yet.

In the meantime, have you seen this mute Zoom Room endpoint?

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/zoom-rooms/zoom-rooms-cli/zCommands#zcommand-call-muteparticipant---in-meeting

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy, yes I have tried the zCommands and they worked fine for audio controls. But the problem is as soon as I connect zCommand it disconnects the Zoom Room Controller.

Hey @rsgupta.0110, I see, thanks.

Our Zoom Room engineers are looking into this and we will get back to you. (ZOOM-134504)

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Hey @rsgupta.0110,

The ZR API connection conflicts with the controller connection with the currently functionality.

I have added multiple connections as a feature request.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, is there any other workaround I can try ? Any timeline when this feature request will be available ?

Hey @rsgupta.0110,

We do not have a timeline at this point, nor a workaround.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Tommy

Given that you can now have multiple controllers in a room, does that mean that you can now use the API( to create a mute event) without it disconnecting the room controller?

Hey @samob,

I have not tested this because I don’t have access to a Zoom Room right now, but in theory yes. :slight_smile:

Give it a shot and let me know what you find.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey there,

We want to host a virtual event for a product launch, and for that purpose we want to customize the look and feel of the room, and want to be able to trigger functionalities of the zoom call such as moderate one-to-one interactions between people in the room, and provide custom buttons / user interactions for muting / unmuting / starting-stopping video etc.

Is this possible? If yes, can you point me to the right direction in terms of the APIs available?

Thanks

Hi @anuraag are you specifically trying to achieve this in Zoom Rooms (conference room software)? If not, I would suggest using our Client SDKs for this.