"Room Controls"

Hi

I would like to test the new “Room Controls” feature that has appeared in Zoom. (https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/360033716572-Room-Controls).

Is there any documentation that explains how to write the JSON profile? The above page is all I can find and while there is a JSON example, there is no explanation on what corresponds to what and how to actually write meaningful entries.

Thanks

Roger

Hey @roger.mcardell, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Checkout this video for more information about the Room Controls JSON: https://drive.google.com/file/d/109RdzMZZAQdK7v7v0W_ZQtK5mAHDH4Y4/view

We will work on making documentation for this file. (ZOOM-131766)

For further inquires regarding this, please reach out to support.zoom.us as this forum is for the Zoom App Marketplace and APIs.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, the video is very helpful.

Is there a correct place in the forum to post questions to?

Hey @roger.mcardell, glad the video was helpful!

Since this forum is for Zoom API questions and not Zoom Room Product questions, support.zoom.us will be able to assist better.

For API questions feel free to post in the Zoom API category.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the video! Both the documentation and the video reference visibility but provide no example of it.

FYI: support.zoom.us sent me directly here to ask more detailed questions about the Room Controls configuration.

Hey @josh.vallon, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

May I ask who at Zoom sent you here?

Also can I ask what specifically you are trying to do with the Room Control configuration?

Thanks,
Tommy

Josh E. (case #2465458). I’m trying to hide a button that should only be triggered by a rule. There’s no example of it, and I’ve been guessing at the style required to hide something with no luck.

For example, Line 35 in the Commented Sample JSON mentions visibility (and the video does too) but the styles section of that file shows no example.

THank you Tommy.

Hey @josh.vallon,

It sounds like Josh E. was able to give you an example! :slight_smile:

Do you have any additional questions?

Thanks,
Tommy

I’m all good now with the example. Thanks for checking in, Tommy. Have a good day.

1 Like

Thanks Josh, you too! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Hi @josh.vallon, are you able to share what the support team mentioned in regards to setting visibility in the room controls profile? They don’t appear to have updated the sample documentation.

Thanks,
Sean

Hey @spatterson, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

Here is what we mentioned to Josh:

"You can add the visibility tag to your current style in order to hide the item needed. Please see below for an example:

In addition, you can set invisible=true for any method to be hidden from users from the UI."

Let me know if that helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy