Screen/window sharing doesn't work with Xcode 13

Hi!

Maybe it’s a known issue but if I have built application with ZoomSDK using Xcode 13.1 - and try to initiate sharing (using startMonitorShare(:_) or startAppShare(:_)) I will get Failed as a result.
While after building with Xcode 12.5.1 it works fine.

MacOS: Big Sur 11.5.1
Xcode: 13.1
ZoomSDK: zoom-sdk-macos-5.7.6.1333 (Universal-Intel+M1)

Hi @anton.yereshchenko, thanks for the post.

I just tried testing this on Xcode 13.2, and was able to successfully start sharing my screen. Can you please check if you are able to reproduce in the SDK sample app so we can rule out some possible causes of this?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thank you for the reply.

To be sure that we are on the one page. There are steps that lead to unexpected result even when I trying start sharing screen with SDK sample app:

1. Open Xcode project with SDK sample app (I used universal one).
  2. Go to status bar menu ‘Product’ → ‘Archive’
  3. Click on ‘Distribute App’ button (top left corner).
  4. Select ‘Copy App’ (the fastest way).
  5. Select the folder to export.
  6. Go to exported folder and open the app.
  7. Try to share a desktop using this build.

When I have gone throw those steps I reach an unexpected result for a desktop sharing (sharing of the particular window has the same issue). But I still can share another content (screen frame, whiteboard, etc).

Xcode: Version 13.2.1
Zoom SDK: Version 5.7.1.644

If you need additional information I will give it for you with pleasure.

Thank you!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Even after following these steps, screen sharing my desktop seems to work correctly. Can you please let me know if you are able to reproduce this using v5.9.0?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.