SDK integration with Wix

Description
How to integrate zoom sdk onto a wix website.

Error
I don’t have access to the server, so it has to be done from within the wix interface I presume. Where do I put this command then? $ npm install @zoomus/websdk --save

Which Web Client SDK version?
v1.9.6

Device (please complete the following information):

• Browser: Edge
  • Browser Version 91.0.864.54 (Official build) (64-bit)

Additional context
I know zoom has a wix api, but the client wants the zoom integration to stay on their site within an iframe of some sort, and not redirected to a zoom window.

thx.

Hey @markyyy40,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. First, I’ll note that Wix doesn’t offer access to the server or the terminal - as you mentioned - which means that we can’t run the npm command that you referenced.

This is because our Web SDK is designed to be implemented with a custom web application. Due to this, we also don’t support showing the SDK or the Zoom client in an iframe.

From here, if you are looking to integrate with Wix, their marketplace app. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

OK… thanks, so, if I understand correctly, If I have my own dedicated server, then I could integrate the zoom functionality within my site, without having to open the zoom app, correct?

thx.

Marc.

Hey @markyyy40,

Yes, that is essentially what I was referring to. However, I want to clarify the term “dedicated server”. This typically means that you are provisioned an entire server (the whole computer) which can be very expensive.

You should be able to find a VPS (virtual private server) or a higher tier shared server that would be much less expensive than a dedicated server

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.