SDK Wrapper Example App Won't Build

Description
I am unable to build my react native app with the Zoom video SDK included. I attempted to build the example app, to compare a working configuration, in the react native SDK wrapper and ended up with the same errors.

Errors
yarn example ios

error Failed to build iOS project. We ran "xcodebuild" command but it exited with error code 65. To debug build logs further, consider building your app with Xcode.app, by opening ZoomVideoSdkExample.xcworkspace.
Command line invocation:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -workspace ZoomVideoSdkExample.xcworkspace -configuration Debug -scheme ZoomVideoSdkExample -destination id=EF6CBCC6-A3D6-41EF-8914-F3EBA9977304

User defaults from command line:
    IDEPackageSupportUseBuiltinSCM = YES

Prepare packages

Computing target dependency graph and provisioning inputs

Create build description
Build description signature: 2b005531f35e174086e0c107ab631a16
Build description path: /Users/leo/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/ZoomVideoSdkExample-gtvwzqqnkrantbgvbssvomnwdxxp/Build/Intermediates.noindex/XCBuildData/2b005531f35e174086e0c107ab631a16-desc.xcbuild

warning: Building targets in manual order is deprecated - choose Dependency Order in scheme settings instead, or set DISABLE_MANUAL_TARGET_ORDER_BUILD_WARNING in any of the targets in the current scheme to suppress this warning
/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-ZoomVideoSdkExample/Pods-ZoomVideoSdkExample.debug.xcconfig:1:1: error: unable to open configuration settings file
/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/Pods/Target Support Files/Pods-ZoomVideoSdkExample/Pods-ZoomVideoSdkExample.debug.xcconfig:1:1: error: unable to open configuration settings file
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/ZoomVideoSDK.xcframework'. (in target 'ZoomVideoSdkExample' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/ZoomVideoSDK.xcframework'. (in target 'ZoomVideoSdkExample' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')
warning: Run script build phase 'Start Packager' will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking "Based on dependency analysis" in the script phase. (in target 'ZoomVideoSdkExample' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')
warning: Run script build phase 'Bundle React Native code and images' will be run during every build because it does not specify any outputs. To address this warning, either add output dependencies to the script phase, or configure it to run in every build by unchecking "Based on dependency analysis" in the script phase. (in target 'ZoomVideoSdkExample' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/ZoomVideoSDKScreenShare.xcframework'. (in target 'ScreenShare' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')
error: There is no XCFramework found at '/Users/leo/dev/zoom-sdks/react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.6.2/example/ios/ZoomVideoSDKScreenShare.xcframework'. (in target 'ScreenShare' from project 'ZoomVideoSdkExample')

** BUILD FAILED **

info Run CLI with --verbose flag for more details.
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.
error Command failed with exit code 1.
info Visit https://yarnpkg.com/en/docs/cli/run for documentation about this command.

Running the build in xcode also lists the frameworks as missing.

Which React Native Video SDK version?

Video SDK Code Snippets
I have made no changes to the example app as it was downloaded from the marketplace.

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Download React Native SDK Wrapper
  2. Follow the Zoom directions to run the example (yarn, yarn example start, yarn exapmle ios)
  3. See error

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Simulated iPhone 14

Hi @selfihealth ,

Which iOS SDK version are you using? Check out this thread for context:

Thanks!

The iOS SDK is also on 1.6.2

@selfihealth , did you run Metro | Metro before running the iOS app in xcode?

Additionally, did you verify that you have all the dependencies needed to run the iOS app? Setting up the development environment · React Native

Docs Source for Troubleshooting: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/video/react-native/getting-started/#run-the-sample-app

This is the example app I’m building, I ran the three commands that your docs say to run to get this started.

1. yarn, installs the dependencies
  2. yarn example start, runs metro
  3. yarn example ios, runs the ios simulator

I haven’t reviewed the example app’s dependencies as I figured they would include all of the required packages by default.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.