Seeking advice for web app

Hi there

I am looking to build a small app – which will be a ‘wrapper’ around zoom. Meaning – people register to join existing scheduled meetings – and admins can create meeting via the wrapper app, and not have to go into Zoom to create these meetings.

Can you give me advice as to whether the best way to do this is via a SDK app or via JWT based something?

Having the zoom meeting built into the browser is a very useful option (with the SDK this is possible, I understand?) – but I will be able to manage with the zoom client if needed as well.

Would be happy to hear your comments and suggestions.

Thanks!

Hey @coda,

With an OAuth App, you can make authorized actions on other Zoom users behalf, like creating meetings.

You can also start meetings with the Web SDK, so long as the JWT App and meeting are owned by the same Zoom account. You can join any meeting with the Web SDK though. Checkout our planned improvement around this here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy.
Regarding what you said -
so long as the JWT App and meeting are owned by the same Zoom account
I will be having multiple people creating meetings, but they will all be coming in via the web app, so essentially the same user, on the same account correct?

By the way - how would I know/configure who the host is, in a scenario like this- Where the Meeting is created via the SDK/API?

Thanks!

Hey @coda,

If your account is creating the meetings then you will be able to start them. :slight_smile:

Meetings always are tied to a meeting host, even when created with the API.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.