Send Message Everyday

1. How to send a generic chat message. I want the Appname to send a message.
  2. How to get channelid
    I am trying to build an integration which sends a message at 9am everyday to a group of ‘Developers’

Hey @hassan1, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

You can send chat messages or Chatbot messages. I would suggest Chatbot messages.

You can get Channel ID in a few ways. Get Users Channels or the easiest way in my opinion is via a Slash Command Webhook. The Channel ID is the part before the @ on the toJid.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

Thanks for the help. I saw both these options in the API but i still dont understand how.

1. Chat messages are to be sent by a +user+ with a user_id, how can i send it via a backend app using JWT Tokens?

2. If I went via chatbot approach (which i don’t want to, since it’s not really a bot), then yes, i understand how to send a message to a jid

3. Get Users Channels again requires userid to get the channels ‘of a user’. How can I find all the channels of all the users (to find the id of a specific one).

4. The slash command is useless for me here since I want to send a message without being invoked. Just once, everyday.

Please let me know your thoughts.

regards,
Hassan

Hey @hassan1,

Chat Messages can only be sent with an OAuth user level app.

To send via a backend app, you’d want to use a Chatbot and the simple Chatbot Auth Flow. Chatbot auth requires no user interaction or database after the Chatbot has been installed. See refreshing a Chatbot Token.

I would suggest using a Chatbot for this. Even if it just sends notifications.

Right now the Chat Channels APIs are user level and require a user ID. However we are releasing Account Level Chat Channel APIs soon that will make this process easier.

I understand, I was just saying that receiving a Chatbot Slash Command Webhook is an easy way to get the information about a Channel with a single Zoom Chatbot App (rather than having to create a User Level OAuth app to call the Get Chat Channels API).

Thanks,
Tommy

This is helpful, thanks. I would look into making it a chatbot.

1 Like

Happy to help!

Here is a Zero to Hero tutorial to help you get started: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/chatbots/build-a-chatbot

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy

I did all that, but it’s one problem after another.

1. I have an app in test phase but when i try to get the access token, it keeps giving me ‘invalid client_id or client_secret’. I have checked and double checked base64encode(client_id:client_secret). I have installed and reinstalled the authorize part from the Local Testing part.

2. The slash command and messages to the bot’s window sends to the requesturl endpoint with POST … but the params are empty.

Any ideas for both these issues?

Hey @hassan1,

Can you schedule a meeting with me so I can better assist?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi,

Yes that would be perfect. I am in GMT timezone. Ideal would be between 11am and 5pm GMT.

Let know what works

1 Like

Hey @hassan1,

Go ahead and schedule for 4pm or 5pm GMT:

Thanks,
Tommy