Separate recordings for each participant's stream

Hi Community,

We’ve built a product using Twilio’s Programmable Video and we want to switch over to Zoom SDK for more reliable streaming on low bandwidth connections. Twilio’s connectivity has not been great.

What is important for our product is accessing separate cloud recordings for each participant (audio only for now). For example, 4 participants means 4 separate audio recordings. I know Zoom Desktop has a feature to separate audio recordings on Local Recordings, and we want that for cloud.

Let me know if you have suggestions for which Zoom Video SDK APIs to use. And/or if it’s possible to do this on Meetings SDK.

Thanks,
Nick

Hey @NickV ,

Yes, generating separate audio files per participant is supported with the Video SDK. Make sure you have that setting enabled in the recording section of your Video SDK account.

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 9.06.57 AM

Here are the APIs you can use to get the recordings:

Let me know if you have any questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy, Do we need to call any API to start/stop the recording as well or is it done automatically?

Hi @tommy I’m getting an error “Account does not support REST API.”
And I also get a 200 error if I click “Recordings” on the left menu in my account settings.

Hey @NickV , I see the same thing, we are checking on this issue.

@shoaib , You can control the recording state with the APIs or with the upcoming in Session Recording APIs.

-Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy
I wanted to update you on our progress. We’ve enabled Cloud Recording on our account, and are using the Web VideoSDK Sample App. The Sample App seems to be working fine. We are able to add users, chat, share screen and connect in a call. We are able to see the session information, minutes consumed on the dashboard as well.

Since we have turned on automatic cloud recording in account settings, we are expecting that recordings will be available. However we don’t see any recordings on our account settings UI and neither are we able to fetch recordings with API calls (like “List All Recordings” which returns an empty array).

Can you let us know any next steps? I know the Zoom Team is working hard on getting this going. Thanks for all your effort and support.

Nick

Hey @NickV ,

I just sent you a private message.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @NickV ,

I just tested the Recording APIs with the Web Video SDK and they work. I was able to start, stop, and get Video SDK recordings via API. The recording also showed up in my account here: https://zoom.us/recording

FYI, I do not see an auto record session option:

Perhaps the recording never started, it needs to be started via API.

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.