Server-to-Server OAuth: unable to fetch access_token

I’m having trouble getting my Server-to-Server OAuth app working. The request to get an access token is failing.


404 {"reason":"The application is disabled","error":"invalid_client"}

When I look at my app in the UI it says “Your app is activated on the account”.

API Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

Here is the curl command I am using:

curl -v -X POST -u "<clientId>:<clientSecret>" https://<my_company_subdomain><accountNumber>

**Additional context**
* *Incorrect subdomain?* I've tried changing the subdomain to just `` and `` but neither works.
* *Incorrect Account ID?* I got the value for `account_id` from my Admin Profile page where it says "Account Number". Is that correct? The instructions [here]( say that you can find the Account Id on the same page as the Client ID and Client Secret, but I don't see it there. Hopefully it's the same as "Account Number".
* NOTE: I tried deactivating and reactivating the app, and now the error message is `{"reason":"Internal Error","error":"invalid_request"}`

Hey ya,

I was running into this exact same issue just now.

I had been disabling/re-enabling in the “PERSONAL APP MANAGEMENT” area … and that was not working.

What I wound up having to do was go into the “ADMIN APP MANAGEMENT” > “Apps on Account” area and find my app. Once in my app in that area I then disabled and re-enabled it, and it started working immediately.

Hope that helps

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @rarneson . @sbergam , please let us know if that resolves the issue for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.