Set user audio sample rate to be 44100

Description
We use Instant SDK and we can get Raw Audio and Video Data. We noticed that the Audio Sample rate is 32000 and we read somewhere that Zoom Supports up to 48000 sample rate. We need 44100. Is there any settings that we can set all connected users to use 44100 for the audio? We are trying to implement the ZoomInstantSDK in our application, which means the end user will be able to join on our zoom session only through our application, so we should have control about the audio settings completely.

Which version?
InstantSDK.1.0.0

Hi @blagojco, thanks for the post.

Please note that I have moved your topic over to our #fully-customizable-mobile-sdk category. :slightly_smiling_face:

Currently there is no way to control the sample rate of the raw audio data that you receive. Can you please provide a link to where you have seen the supported sampling rate referenced? I can provide some context on that if you can show where it was stated.

Thanks!

Hi Jon,

thanks for the answer. I have few additional questions:

1. Does this mean that Zoom always use 32000 or it depends of the phone model?
2. Is it 32000 from all platforms (iOS, web)?
3. We need to find some resampler library. Do you have some recommendation maybe?
4. is it planned feature planned for some future release of the library?

Thanks,
Blagojco

Hi @blagojco,

1. Does this mean that Zoom always use 32000 or it depends of the phone model?
2. Is it 32000 from all platforms (iOS, web)?

At this time, the sampling rate is regulated to 32kHz by the SDK. This should be consistent across all devices and platforms.

1. We need to find some resampler library. Do you have some recommendation maybe?

I’m not sure what your specific needs are, but FFmpeg is widely used for various aspects of analyzing and modifying all types of media files. It is probably the most widely used media tool by developers.

1. is it planned feature planned for some future release of the library?

Currently, there are no plans to allow modification of the audio sampling rate through the SDK.

Thanks!