Setting isSupportPolling to true throws an invalid parameter error on the websdk

Description
I’m currently implementing an update to a client project that allows them to utilise webinars, which their account now has access to. After getting it all up and running (fairly quickly) I thought I’d test all the features of webinars to see if they’re functional on the web integration. However I could not see a poll that I set active, so I added isSupportPolling and set it to true in the init, but this throws an invalid parameter error in the console & causes the initialisation of zoom to fail.

Error
Init invalid parameter !!!

Which Client Web SDK version?

Hey @zulu,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. So far when testing this with the Sample Web App, I haven’t seen the same issue. I would first use the sample app as a reference to see if you can spot any differences between how you’re using it.

If that doesn’t help, are you able to share a public git repo of your code or a snippet of the file that calls init()?

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Here is my init code, commenting out isSupportPolling allows the webinar to boot.

ZoomMtg.init({
    leaveUrl: 'the_leave_url',
    isSupportAV: true,
    screenShare: false,
    disableInvite : true,
    isSupportChat: false,
    isSupportQA: true,
    isSupportPolling: true,

success: (success) => {

var init = {
            signature: 'the_signature',
            meetingNumber: 'the_meeting_id',
            userName: 'user_123',
            apiKey: 'the_api_key',
            passWord : 'the_meeting_password',
        };

if ( email ) {
            init.userEmail = email;
        }

ZoomMtg.join(init);

}
});

Hey @zulu,

I’m not seeing an issue with the code that you have there. I investigated this further but I still wasn’t able to reproduce this issue. Are you able to provide a public git repo with code demonstrating this issue?

Thanks,
Max

Turns out I needed to strictly follow the documentation setup instead of assigning the object to a variable, just adding the object inside the join function.

1 Like

Happy to hear you got it sorted out! :slight_smile:

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
Tommy