Simulator build fails with broadcast extension

Description
I have the broadcast extension working on physical device with the main app, but when building for the simulator, I get this error:
Undefined symbol: OBJC_CLASS$_MobileRTCScreenShareService
with the warning:
Ignoring file /MobileRTCScreenShare.framework/MobileRTCScreenShare, missing required architecture x86_64 in file /MobileRTCScreenShare.framework/MobileRTCScreenShare (2 slices)

Which iOS Client SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Add broadcast extension to app following instructions in Zoom documentation
  2. Set build device to simulator
  3. Build the app
  4. See error

Hey @Mark_Bragg,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The version you are using has two different sets of frameworks, one for physical device and one for physical device + simulator. Judging by the error you got, it looks like you are trying to build the physical device-only framework in your broadcast extension target.

To resolve this issue, I would suggest updating to the latest version of the SDK that is available in the Zoom Marketplace. The newer versions are provided as XCFrameworks and can run on both simulator and device out of the box.

Please note, though, that broadcasting only works on physical devices. You shouldn’t be receiving errors, but when the errors are gone, you will still only be able to run the broadcast extension on a physical device.

Thanks!
Michael

I am getting the SDK from Release v5.2.42037.1112 · zoom/zoom-sdk-ios · GitHub, but I am not seeing the xcframework. I also don’t have the privilege to download from the marketplace, but I am in the developer section, so I don’t know how to get around that.

Hi @Mark_Bragg,

For the latest versions of the SDK, you will need to download them through the Marketplace. You should be able to find them in the same location as the SDK key/secret. The version in which the SDK was built as an XCFramework is not currently available through GitHub.

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.