Source tracking for webinar registrant through API endpoint url

Description
Hi team, Currently i am working on zoom integration in my site and i am using below API for webinar registrant through my site.

POST: /v2/accounts/{accountId}/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

The registrant is getting submitted to webinar but i want to create source tracking url for my site.

When i tried it in portal i see that a unique source tracking url is generating in portal.

So in this place how icould i give my site url which is having API call. Other wise there is no meaning of my work.

Please help me on this as it is required to track the registrants from where they are coming.

Thanks

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT auth.

Which Endpoint/s?

/v2/accounts/{accountId}/webinars/{webinarId}/registrants

Hey @webinars5,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Have you tried using the Get Webinar Tracking Sources API to obtain the tracking URLs for a webinar?

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thank you for your reply. I am getting the tracking urls for a webinar but my question is how can i setup a tracking url for registrants who are registering through the API.

When i tried from portal, there i created a tracking url but it is generating a unique url. so how can i replace that with my custom url.

Please let me know if you need any info.

Thanks

Hey @webinars5,

Thank you for explaining your use case here. Currently, source tracking links are automatically generated and the unique URL cannot be customized. If you want to track a registrant when creating them through the Add Webinar Registrant API, you can try using the custom_questions property:

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thank you for your reply. I added a field called “Source Name” under custom_questions but the filed is showing in the zoom registration form, there is no setting to hide this field as i will send this when the registrant come through the Add Webinar Registrant API, in other cases i don’t want to show this filed in the registration.

Please guide me to hide this option or else guide me to use another field which is having hidden behaviour.

Attached screen shot for your reference.

Thanks

Hey @webinars5,

Thanks for following up, I definitely forgot to mention that as a consequence of using custom questions.

Aside from there, there unfortunately isn’t a method via API to add a tracking source. If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.