Tracking Source Data for Recurring Webinar

Hello!

Description
How to get Webinar Tracking Sources for past recurring webinars.

Error
The API for ‘get webinar tracking sources’ only takes in ‘webinar_id’ as the parameter. Hence, when I tried to request for the data, I can only get data from the latest webinar and not from the past webinars. I also tried to put the webinar_uuid instead of the webinar_id parameter, but it doesn’t seem to work.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
OAuth

Which Endpoint/s?
Get webinar tracking sources

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. url = “https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/webinar_id/tracking_sources
    headers = {“Authorization”: “Bearer ACCESS_TOKEN”}
    request = requests.get(url, headers=headers)
  2. Tracking sources data of the latest webinar is shown

Additional context
Can I also ask if there is a way to get tracking sources at individual (registrant) level?
I saw another post from Oct 20 (How to Pull Tracking Source for Registrants) that it was impossible to do so using API, but am just wondering if it is possible now?

Thank you!

Hi @jennychs,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

This endpoint will return the list of tracking sources for a webinar ID, which should encompass the tracking sources for all the instances associated with the given Webinar ID.

If you need to know which source a webinar registrant came from, this level of detail is currently only available via the report that can be generated via the UI.

Having said that, it’s a great suggestion to offer additional details via API—if you’re so inclined, you might consider posting a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Let me know if this helps to clarify. :slight_smile:
Will

Thank you for the answer!

Yup, I just realised after scrolling through Zoom UI, that the number of registrants for recurring webinar is always the same, implying that maybe the tracking sources list is the same as well.

Thank you for the clarification!

No problem, glad I could help. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.