Start meeting through api

Hi.I’m using your jwt service.So far i successfully able to create meeting.Now i want to start meeting as a host.Is it possible to do it from our website through api not from zoom app?If so can you show how to do so?
Thank you.

Hey @notarybd.services,

Unfortunately the meeting itself cannot be started programmatically via the API. An actual user has to start the meeting.

As a workaround, you can enable “Join before host” to start the meeting when the first participant joins.

Thanks
Tommy

1 Like

Sorry for late reply.Ok i started meeting by using meeting url.Is there anyway for user to join meeting through api.?
Thank you.

Hey @notarybd.services,

The user themselves need to join the meeting via the join_url. After a meeting is created, you get a join_url.

Also, if you are interested, checkout our Web SDK where you can embed Zoom into your website to allow joining and starting meeting controls:

Thanks,
Tommy

In vuejs, websdk package increases vendor.js file size. We have 2 components that use zoom live class feature. That’s why we removed the npm package. It would be better if zoom provide cdn for that feature like Jitsi or ckeditor fir vuejs.
After removing sdk package, we are now using api. But we are little bit confused if zoom provides a facility to join a student (logged in our system) without zoom app or desktop app.
I mean without any password or app. Just click on a button “join now” and then he will be redirected to a zoom page. Then the student can see the other participants.
Is the facility available?
Big Blue Button use a key for that.

Hi @fawel99,

As this relates to the Web SDK, please start a new thread here: #web-sdk

Thanks,
Will