Starting a meeting via the SDK

Hello,

Is it already possible for a user to start a meeting using the Web Client SDK? So far from my experience, the meeting had to be opened.

I would like to give the option for the host to access the website, open and host his meeting.
Thanks

Hey @Mikron,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. If you want to host a meeting from the Web SDK, make sure that you’re setting the role to 1:

For more information, please see our documentation on Starting a Meeting as a Host. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

I get “Meeting has not started”. I don’t want to force the user to open a meeting in the Zoom application and then go back to the website and join it. It misses the whole point. how do I solve it?

Hi @Mikron,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You can give the option for the host to access the website, open and host his meeting by implementing logic into your app which leverages the Starting a Meeting as a Host API. You may consider listing a user’s meetings and adding a button within your app that allows the user to start the selected meeting. Here’s our List meeting API reference.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,
Donte

But it’s not the same Zoom API no? The Zoom Web SDK has an option to start a meeting in the website? I don’t want the user to open a meeting with the Zoom App and then enter the website.

Hello @Mikron,

Thank you for your reply. As long as the user has the correct meeting ID and passcode they should be able to join and start a meeting in the Web SDK. A possible workflow could be:

1. Create a meeting for a user via API
  2. That meeting information is provided to the user
  3. Then the user could access the website, open and host the meeting with the meeting information.

For more information, please refer to the Creating a Meeting for the Host section of the link below:

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.