Support Language Interpretation Web SDK 1.7.8 for Attendees

Ok thanks.

I will pass to developers and see what they say.

image001.jpg

Hey @tracy.troke,

Excellent, let me know if they have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Dear @MaxM, any news about the possibility of using interpretation feature (both for attendees and interpreters) when connecting to a meeting (not webinar) from the SDK?

@alvaro.alonso,

Thanks for the feedback. Other customers have also expressed their interest in this feature, and we can see why. We understand how building an interpretation feature (both for attendees and interpreters) when connecting to a meeting would improve the experience. To this point, feel welcome to share your user story on why this feature will also be beneficial to you here :

We’ve added your vote to the request and will revisit it as soon as we have the capability. Please do let us know of any other requests you might have now—we’re here to listen!

Best,
Donte

Thank you very much. I’ve also posted a request in Interpretation support in SDK for interpreters. Do you know if supporting this feature is in the short-term roadmap?

Hi, @alvaro.alonso,

Thanks for posting a request! This feature is currently not being prioritized in our short-term road. However, adding your vote to the request will help its prioritization. Be sure to follow our blog, change log , and developer guides topics for the latest news, updates, and fixes.

Please do let us know of any other requests you might have now—we’re here to listen!

1 Like

Hi there, I hope you are fine, any news about supporting the interpretation feature in SDK for interpreters?
This kind of request was posted nearly 2 years ago and others have followed during these 2 years.
Thank you in advance!

At the moment, there are no updates regarding this topic. However, you can subscribe to our change log for the most recent updates and news:

1 Like

Hi Donte! Thank you for your kind answer. Any possibility of successfully requesting the addition of this feature? It would have huge positive repercussions on Zoom use for multilingual meetings in the powerful MICE industry (Meetings, Incentives, Conferences and Exhibitions). Any chance to talk to someone about it?
Thank you in advance!

@smarter-interpreting,

Thank you for your response! Could you provide more details on the feature you would like to see supported for the SDK and your use case? I would be glad to share this feedback with our team. If you could also provide any supporting documentation related to the feature and describe the workflow you aim to achieve, that would be very helpful.

In the meantime, please the following support documentation this topic:

Using Language Interpretation in your meeting or webinar

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064768

Browser support

Hello Donte. I hope this message finds you well. Thanks a lot for your reply!
I will reach out to my development colleagues and we will prepare something to describe the workflow we mean. I will come back to you as soon as possible.
Thanks again!

Hello Donte, I come back to you with the requested information:

We’re currently in the process of integrating Zoom SDK Component view into our interpreting app. Our app offers an advanced interpretation web interface especially designed for simultaneous interpreters, and we’re now seeking to expand our capabilities by integrating our interpretation app with Zoom sessions.

Our goal is to empower interpreters to seamlessly connect to Zoom interpretation sessions, directly from within our interpreting interface, utilizing the Zoom SDK Component View. This integration would enable interpreters to receive audio and video feeds from Zoom sessions and transmit interpreted audio back to the native interpretation channels within the Zoom session.

However, interpreting features are not currently available in Zoom’s SDK. To facilitate our integration with Zoom, it’s crucial that support for interpreter connection be implemented within Zoom’s SDK.
I attach a visual representation of the workflow to illustrate our integration approach.

As I told you in my previous message, this kind of integration could open up an untapped market for hybrid multilingual events (on-site meetings with on-line interpretation) to both Zoom and our technology in the powerful MICE industry (meetings, incentives, conferences, and exhibitions), a market that was valued at USD 900 billion in 2023 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 7.5%, which is huge.

Thank you for your attention to this matter. We’re eager to explore the possibilities of this integration and look forward to any assistance you can provide in enabling interpreter connectivity within Zoom’s SDK.

Hi Donte! Any news about this request? Thanks!

@smarter-interpreting, Thanks for sharing all of these details. Have you considered leveraging the Linux SDK to get raw audio and video data? You can extract the audio and replace it with the interpreted audio.

Hi Donte, I don’t know about it. I will check with my team and come back to you, thank you!

@smarter-interpreting ,

Here are some Linux Meeting SDK resources you can check out as you elevate this path:

Support Documentation

Github Repo:

Blog

Youtube

Dear Donte, thank you so much for your thoughtful follow-up and the array of resources you provided. It is greatly appreciated!

My entire team is currently on vacation for the Easter break until the 2nd of April. However, upon their return, I will ensure they delve into the materials you’ve shared and provide you with feedback promptly.

Once again, thank you very much for your assistance. Wishing you a delightful remainder of the day and a wonderful week ahead!

Warm regards,

Susana

1 Like