This meeting is not available or ID is not valid.

Hi there, I’m trying to use API to get participants list via:

/past_meetings/<UUID>/participants

but it seems like I’m getting the same response no matter what I try: “This meeting is not available or ID is not valid.” code 3001 - am I missing something?

Just to follow up on my own question. I tried to contact support, but I received no support, was told to come here.

The meeting exists (it has not been deleted)

The meeting is not expired (it’s 5 days old)

Hi Stage 32 Mderator, 

Would you be able to share your request payload so that we can take a look?

Thanks

I’m getting the same error message when the meeting uuid starts with the path separator character. Note that I’ve already hex encoded the meeting UUID in the url:

/v2/metrics/meetings/%2FOterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A%3D%3D/participants

I’m failing on retrieval of this meetings participant details over and over again. The un-encoded meeting uuid is /OterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A==
I suspect that this may have something to do with automatic path separator compression. But, I don’t know of a way to turn if off, if that is the case. What is the work-around/resolution for this problem?

My theory is correct. The hex-encoded / that is at the beginning of the meeting uuid is being compressed. See the entries in your server side below. I’ll still need to know what the work-around/fix is, since I’m already hex encoding the / at the start of the meeting uuid.

“endpoint”: “https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/OterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A==/participants”,

“response_headers”: [

“Set-Cookie: cred=5C55AA356E659C013B0F2CDA7171E753; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly”

],

“date_time”: “2019-05-10 13:08:23”,

“method”: “GET”,

“request_body”: “N/A”,

“response”: {

“code”: 3001,

“message”: “This meeting’s details info is not available or ID is not valid.”

},

“request_headers”: [

“authorization: ******”,

“connection: close”,

“user-agent: UnifySquare Zoom Data Extraction Service (1.0)”

],

“request_params”: [

“page_number: 1”,

“page_size: 300”,

“type: past”

],

“http_status”: “404”

}

Please file a format bug. I get the exact same response from your API reference feature that let’s one try out the requests. I’ve tried both the raw uuid (/OterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A==) and the encoded uuid (%2FOterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A%3D%3D). I get the same response each time (This meeting’s details info is not available or ID is not valid).

And, same error when submitted with PostMan, using both raw and encoded form of the meeting uuid:

/OterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A==
and
%2FOterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A%3D%3D

Hi @katyle,

Were you able to double encode the UUID (%252FOterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A%253D%253D) and see if that worked?

Thanks

No, I didn’t try double-encoding the meeting UUID. I’ll try that.

This worked. I’m now double hex encoding the meeting ID. And, I can now successfully retrieve participants for this uuid: /JcknqNDQo6A/BnHsjsYUg==

Hi @katyle,

We’re glad that it worked for you, we’ve also updated our API documentation to reflect our suggestion of double encoding the UUID [1].

1- https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingparticipants

Let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @michael_p.zoom I’m having the same issue and have tried double encoding as you’ve suggested but I’m still not able to retrieve any past meeting data. Every uuid I try results in the 3001 error.

To check myself I’ve tried encoding the uuid shared above (/OterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A==) to see if I’m getting the same result out as you, and I am except the last two D’s in my result are lower case (%252fOterjLTR3eIKqrkEP3j2A%253d%253d). Could that be what’s messing me up? Also if that value is wrong, is there a supported method for doing the hex encoding? Because clearly what I’ve figured out is not working.

Thanks

Hi. This is high priority. We just went to production with our code. Note that we ARE double hex encoding the uuids in the request to get meeting participants. The problematic meeting uuid is now B634woWXRu+IczdjDrtJ6w==\

The double-encoded uuid is B634woWXRu%252BIczdjDrtJ6w%253D%253D%255C

See this particular message in your log:

13:47:10
05/24/2019

https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/B634woWXRu%2BIczdjDrtJ6w%3D%3D%5C/participants

{
“endpoint”: “https://api.zoom.us/v2/metrics/meetings/B634woWXRu%2BIczdjDrtJ6w%3D%3D%5C/participants”,
“response_headers”: [
“Set-Cookie: cred=A8B5DA7DBE2158F727A61B7662FC5A03; Path=/; Secure; HttpOnly”
],
“date_time”: “2019-05-24 13:47:10”,
“method”: “GET”,
“request_body”: “N/A”,
“response”: {
“code”: 3001,
“message”: “This meeting’s details info is not available or ID is not valid.”
},
“request_headers”: [
“authorization: ******”,
“connection: close”,
“user-agent: UnifySquare Zoom Data Extraction Service (1.0)”
],
“request_params”: [
“page_number: 1”,
“page_size: 300”,
“type: past”
],
“http_status”: “404”
}

I can’t give you the customer information in this post. Please e-mail or call me.
Katy

Hi @katyle,

Can you email us the customer’s email along with meeting ID to developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks

Done

Also, we are now getting the same error for meeting UUID sz8BcXChTS2ZfvFIvvUOXQ==
with meeting ID 917910532

We really need a response on this soon, as, although the UUID is double-hex encoded in the meeting participant list request, the original UUID doesn’t even have any special characters in it.

Hi @katyle,

We are consulting with our engineers regarding your issue, and we will communicate you the updates on your email.

Thanks!

Thank you. There are a few meeting UUIDs for which we have gotten this message that do not appear to have any special characters in them.

Hi @katyle,

Can you send these details in the email to our developer support?

Thanks

Having the same issue with the UUID, I had double encoded it with “UTF-8” and sent a call to the API, but it had returned the error ‘3001’. I already checked the encoded string at convertstring.com and it matches. Trying at the Zoom API Reference Test Request results in the same error.

@famorim,

Can you please send us these details to developersupport@zoom.us ? We will continue to assist you on that platform