Tracking with Zoom App & Cordova plugin

Description

Hello,

I am currently working on a Zoom integration via your cordova plugin.

Users who don’t have a Zoom account should be able to join a meeting without logging in :

• With the cordova plugin
  • With a link that will allow them to be recognized (via their email or ID).

I would like to be able to track people with an ID or their email (or something else) with this API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/pastmeetingparticipants.

I’ve found different solutions, but none of them meet all my needs (track a user through the cordova plugin OR through a web link).

The different solutions I tested:

1. In the cordova plugin, I can pass a participant_id option in the joinMeeting method, and I can retrieve this ID in the pastmeetingparticipants api. This allows me to track the users that go through the plugin, but I haven’t found a way to pass this parameter via a zoom invite link.

2. Create sub-users linked to my Zoom account with the custCreate parameter (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/users/usercreate), which allows to create an account without password. However, I haven’t found how to make it possible to join a meeting via the cordova plugin for this type of user or how to create a unique invitation link that allows to identify them.

3. Create a meeting with participant registration: This allows me to have a unique link for each participant, but there is no option with the cordova plugin to join this type of meeting once registered. (If I enter the ID and password of the meeting in the plugin, the user will have to re-enter his email and name).

4. Create real accounts with the usercreate API: This would work, but I don’t want my users to have a real Zoom account (I don’t want them to have to log in when they join a meeting, to have an account creation confirmation email…).

Is there a solution to my problem in the zoom API so that I can track users both via the cordova plugin AND with a unique link per user for each meeting?

Thanks in advance for your ideas

Hey @MaximeS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. We don’t provide methods to track users that aren’t part of your account or that haven’t installed an app of yours. This is by design to ensure that we adhere to our security and privacy policies.

Given such, the best method is likely to create an OAuth app that you can use to call the API on behalf of these users or receive webhooks events when they join/leave your meetings.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. I suspected it, and it confirms me in the technical choices we have to make.

Thank you !

1 Like

Hey @MaximeS,

I’m glad to hear that was helpful! I’ll go ahead and close this topic now but feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Thanks,
Max