Translation key information for "This meeting is being recorded"

Hello,
I followed the instructions to translate the interface for the iOS SDK, I just need a couple of keys missing to complete it.

Can someone tell me in the localizable.strings which key I should ad to translate the messages:

• “This meeting is being recorded” (I also tried “This meeting is\n being recorded”)
  • “By staying in this meeting, you are consenting to be recorded”

The SDK version is the latest available (v5.7.6.1082).

Thanks,
Michele

Hi @Progotan,

We are currently working with our legal team on guidance for translating any legal or privacy related notices included in the SDK. I will keep you updated as soon as we can provide definitive information on this.

Thanks!

Hello,
thank you. I understand that that sentences are a little “complicated” from the point of view of the privacy, the intent is just to translate them in Italian, not bypass somehow the user acknowledgment about being recorded.
On Android I already translated that texts, just on iOS it technically more difficult to get to that point.

Thank you,
Michele

Hi @Progotan,

I completely understand where you’re coming from, but we do need to act based on our legal team’s guidance due to the nature of this request. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom , do you have any news on this?

At the moment we have 2 apps, on Android everything is translated, on iOS also everything is translated BUT the two sentences “This meeting is being recorded”.

I don’t think that the Customer will appreciate a “partial translation” of his iOS app… maybe it is the case to open a support request in stead of writing in this forum, what do you think?

Thanks,
Michele

Hi @Progotan,

Based on the guidance from our legal team, if the language you would like to use is not supported by the Zoom platform, you should allow it to default to English.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.