Unable to access one zoom API end point

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
I am unable to get response using JWT from Zoom API having endpoint

Error
{“code”:124,“message”:“This API only supports oAuth2 for authorization.”}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/chat/users/ktilak@verticaldiscovery.com/channels?page_size=10&next_page_token=

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Kindly tell me alternate endpoint for this using JWT

Hey @akona,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The error message that you’re seeing is accurate. Currently, our User Level chat APIs require that you access them with a user level OAuth app or that you consider the following caveat when using an account level OAuth app:

This is so that the end user is aware of and able to authorize access to their data.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Hi i am your Pro licensed user .Through SDK can i access this end point?
If yes then how?

Hi, I want to call this below endpoint from my server side/dll code.As OAuth cannot be done through dll code how can then i access this API?

https://api.zoom.us/v2/chat/users/ktilak@verticaldiscovery.com/channels?page_size=10&next_page_token=

Hey @akona,

One option would be to authorize the app manually once in order to obtain an access token and a refresh token. Then, prior to making your request, you can check if the access token is expired. If it is expired, you would then use the refresh token to refresh your access token. Finally, you would proceed with making the request.

In this fashion, you would only have to manually authorize the OAuth app once every 15 years as a refresh token is valid for 15 years. We plan to improve how OAuth works to make this process easier in the future.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.