Unable to change rendered video to be a circle using attachVideo

I would like to get rendered videos to be a circle using the zoom video sdk. I also have some questions about the using attachVideo over renderVideo.

It seems like the documentation changed and it recommends using attachVideo instead of renderVideo. Does this mean we do not need a canvas element at all for other people’s videos? Will all of the other participants’ videos be rendered in the video-player-container?

I have since switched from using renderVideo to attachVideo so I can make each of the videos a circle. However, when using attachVideo, I am still unable to change the rendered video. I can turn the self-video into a circle because it uses a video element, but the video-player elements seem to not be able to be changed.

In the image below, you can see I changed the video-player element to have border-radius: 50%. I also changed the background color to red to show the element is, in fact, changing, but the rendered video remains the same. What is the best way to get the rendered video to change into a circle.

Hey @Billy117

Thanks for your feedback.

Does this mean we do not need a canvas element at all for other people’s videos? Will all of the other participants’ videos be rendered in the video-player-container?

Yes. video-player is aimed to simplify the coordinate calculations of video on canvas. Additionally, we have built-in the canvas within the video-player-container.

but the video-player elements seem to not be able to be changed.

It’s a current limitation in our implementation. We are developing and testing a new WebRTC-based video solution that will address the issue of circular videos, and it will be released soon.

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.