Unable to start screen share on Firefox 104

Description
When starting a screen share in Firefox, I’m never prompted to select a screen. There are console warnings from the console, but the connection is never made.
Apparently I’m able to join the session, but the screen share fails to initiate. (this works in 1.2.7).

I’m never prompted to select a screen or window to share. The console prints a message that says it was denied as if I’m hitting cancel.

Browser Console Error
unreachable code after return statement
Error deleting database
Ready to dec video!
video handle is not ready!
{"type":"INVALID_OPERATION","reason":"user deny screen share"}

Which Web Video SDK version?

Video SDK Code Snippets
This code itself isn’t failing, but this is where the call is happening:

this.stream
            .startShareScreen(document.querySelector('#screen-share-canvas'))
            .then(() => {
              this.sessionStore.setActiveShare(true);
            })
            .catch((e) => {
              this.logger.debug(`Canceling share ${JSON.stringify(e)}`);
            });

Screenshots

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: 2019 MacBook Pro
  • Browser: Firefox
  • Browser Version: 104.0

Hey @kyle.wrenn

Thanks for your feedback.

Could you check whether the “System Preference” → “Security & Privacy” → “Privacy” tab → “Screen Recording” added the Firefox?

Thanks
Vic

Yep, Firefox is enabled for screen recording. I’m not sure if it’s a networking issue or not now. I’ve downgraded to 1.2.7 and was able to initiate it a share locally, but in a non-local environment I’m having trouble again.

I had to dig around a bit, but I found the reason the popup wasn’t appearing when trying to start the share.
This post about user deny screen share is what ultimately wound up being the solution.
I didn’t realize that there had to be a gesture associated with the screen share whereas Chrome allows you to init, join, and start share all in sequence without any human intervention.

So basically,

• Init and join session
  • display a button to trigger the share
  • start share on click of the ‘Share’ button

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.