User deny screen share on safari

Description
Currently, whenever I start sharing on safari, I get the error user deny screen share even tho I allow safari to record screen or share screen in the privacy setting, how do I fix that?

Which Web Video SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Join session
  2. Start sharing screen

Device (please complete the following information):

• Device: e.g. Macbook Pro
  • Browser: Safari

Hi @superprokid,

Just to make sure I’m understanding correctly, you’re clicking allow on the pop up for screen sharing, but it’s still getting the error in your console afterwards? If so, have you been able to reproduce this error with the sample application?

Thanks,
Rehema

There’s no popup, it’s just saying user deny screen share

Got it. That may be an issue with your Safari settings. Can you check that the screen sharing option for localhost (or your deployed application site) is set to ‘ask’? You can access this while you have your application open in the browser, then selecting Safari(in toolbar) → Preferences → Websites → Screen Sharing. I’ve attached a screenshot, as well

Thanks,
Rehema

I already tried it but still no pop up

Hi, same problem over here ;(

1 Like

@rehema.zoom any solution for this error?

Hi @superprokid,

Are you getting this same error when working with the video SDK sample application in safari? While testing with it, I was unable to reproduce the error.

Thanks,
Rehema

Blockquote

If a website is requesting permission to access your screen in Safari, you can deny the request by clicking on the “Deny” button. If you accidentally deny the request, you can go to the Safari menu, select “Preferences,” then go to the “URL” tab and select “Screen Recording” in the left sidebar. From there, you can allow or deny specific websites access to your screen.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.