Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64 React Native Video SDK in iOS with @zoom/react-native-videosdk

Description
When i downloaded the react-native-sdk from the market place, added the files and ran from the example folder everything works fine. But when i try to add it into another project through @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk npm library it throw the following error when trying to run it on iOS.

Errors

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDK", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomView.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkChatHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkCmdChannel.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkUser.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkShareHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkLiveStreamHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkTestAudioDeviceHelper.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKAudioOptions", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdk.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKExtendParams", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKInitParams", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKSessionContext", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKVideoOptions", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKVideoPreferenceSetting", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkVideoHelper.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

Which React Native Video SDK version?

Video SDK Code Snippets
NA

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a new react native project
  2. Add @zoom1234/react-native-videosdk through npm/yarn
  3. Copy ZoomSDKVideo files
  4. Add config.ts
  5. Pod install
  6. Run the app on iOS

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: [iPhone 14]

Hi there! Thanks for the post. Iā€™m not sure exactly what the issue is, but I will take a look at this and see if I can figure out the issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey there - I actually know what this is now. This is due to your mac most likely having a M1 chip.

Make sure you have Rosetta 2 installed - How to Install Rosetta 2 on Apple Silicon Macs

And then run your commands with the prefix arch -x86_64. You can also create a terminal that defaults to that architecture as well - Run x86 Terminal Apps (Like Homebrew) on Your New M1 Mac | by Ahad Sheriff | The Startup | Medium

Hope this helps.

1 Like