Issues building on Mac M1

Continuing the discussion from Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64 React Native Video SDK in iOS with @zoom/react-native-videosdk:

Description
I’m running into a similar issue. I can build and run the react-native-zoom-video-sdk example. To do that, I downloaded the latest SDK (zoom-video-sdk-iOS-1.6.2) and paired it with the react-native-zoom-video-sdk-1.5.3 example.

I then followed the steps, ran arch -x86_64 pod install and arch -x86_64 yarn ios --simulator "iPhone 14", and it built properly.

However, when I try to follow the steps in my own app, it does not work.

1. Install @zoom/react-native-videosdk: "^1.5.3"
  2. Copy over the ZoomVideoSDK.xcframework and ZoomVideoSDKScreenShare.xcframework to ios/
  3. Run arch -x86_64 pod install ← Successful.
  4. Run arch -x86_64 yarn ios --simulator "iPhone 14" ← Fails with the following error.

Errors

Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDK", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomView.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkChatHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkCmdChannel.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkUser.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkShareHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkLiveStreamHelper.o)
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkTestAudioDeviceHelper.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKAudioOptions", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdk.o)
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKExtendParams", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKInitParams", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKSessionContext", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKVideoOptions", referenced from:
  "_OBJC_CLASS_$_ZoomVideoSDKVideoPreferenceSetting", referenced from:
      objc-class-ref in libreact-native-zoom-video-sdk.a(RNZoomVideoSdkVideoHelper.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64

Which React Native Video SDK version?

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Simulated iPhone 14

Have you tried running this with the iOS SDK v1.5.3 with the same error? Not sure why one would fail and the other not - but I will try to dig into this by end of week and see if I can reproduce it.

I did, and it similarly failed. It’s pretty frustrating :/.

i think you have to exclude arm64 for the simulator architecture, both from your project and the Pod project.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.