User can start sharing without host's OK

Description
So we built a simple app with latest ZOOM iOS SDK, and after a user joins a meeting, he/she can start screen sharing even if the host doesn’t enable it. Very strange.

Which version?
Latest iOS

**Smartphone
all iOS devices we have, iPhone 11, 8+, iPad Pro, all in latest iOS system.

Hi @stevenwireless,

Thanks for the post. Are you using Zoom default UI or Custom UI? Is the host setting the lock share via account setting, application setting or lock share interface? Could you provide the steps to reproduce this with our demo app?

Thanks!

Hi, @carson.zoom

I am with Steve in the same team.

We are using Custom UI.

I will describe the test case for this issue:

1. A registered user would setup a Zoom meeting as the host, using the official iOS Zoom app. We have checked the “Share screen” option in the “Meeting settings” option menu, it is turned off by default.

2. Our app will join this meeting with the meeting Id number and password, using custom UI, as a participant(with or without Zoom login first). The sample code of custom UI, provided within the SDK, also has this issue.

3. During the meeting, the participant can start sharing its screen content anyway, though the “Share screen” is turned off by default on the host side.

4. iOS SDK version info: MobileRTC Version: 4.6.21666.0428

Following on the same topic.

On the participant side, is it possible to get the meeting/host settings directly using API. If this is possible, we can also disable the “Share screen” feature within the iOS client.

So far, I have no luck in locating the API for this purpose. Thanks.

@carson.zoom look forward to an update, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @jerryrt,

Thanks for the details. We have tested this on our side and we found out that when the “share screen” option is disabled, user will not be able to do screen sharing under Custom UI. We have found out that this option does not disable the ability to allow the user to share website or other types of contents. We will fix that in the next release.

Thanks!