Enable screen sharing for participants using the API when creating meetings

Description
Hi,
I have been using the API to create open meetings without a waiting room. In the scenario that the organiser is not present, the participants are unable to share their screen and an error message for the same is displayed. I am also aware that there is an option in the Account settings to enable this feature.

However, this extra step is proving to be a hassle for our users who want this feature to be enabled by default. Is there any way our app can access the permission for this or enable this feature using the API ?

Error?
Screen Sharing is disabled by the host .

API Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
2. Authentication method or app type
3. Any errors

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @Harjas
Thank you so much for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum and welcome to our community! I am happy to help here with this issue.

A workaround that comes to my mind right now is by calling the endpoint Update user settings via API and in the “in_meeting” field, you will be able to enable o disable the “disable_screen_sharing_for_hosts_meetings” and/or “disable_screen_sharing_for_in_meeting_guests”.

Let me know if this helps!
Cheers,
Elisa

Hi @elisa.zoom
Thank you so much for suggesting this workaround. It should fulfil our requirement for enabling screen sharing by default.
Thanks again for the help !

1 Like

Of course @Harjas
Let me know if there is anything else you need!
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.