User input Message not displaying on zoom channel

i am able to send input to my chat app with the help of slash command like “/bot hi” but i can’t see my input “hi” on the channel,i only able to see the chat bot output,i don’t know what’s the issue,i am using oauth user managed app

Hey @khan.amir504,

That is the designed functionality. If you talk to the Chatbot directly in the Chatbot channel, you will see your messages print.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy yeah, i can see my messages print when i directly chat with my chat bot,my requirement is different and i want to print my messages on the created channel via chatting with chat bot, is there any api or configuration that will help me,?

Hey @khan.amir504,

You could do this by sending a message via the Chatbot of what you said.

Basically a confirmation message:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

@tommy thanks for this, but this is for displaying the chat bot response to channel, which i already did. i want the user input to display on chat bot, please find below the attached screenshot related to my issue

Hey @khan.amir504,

I understand, currently the way Zoom Chatbots work, user slash commands do not print in the Chat.

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy is there any way via configuration,any key required in the api call,so that i show the user input on zoom channel? all the user input are fetch by the cmd ,how can i get the value of cmd from the json payload request?

@tommy i want to know, how zoom internally display the entered user input on chat bot app before chat bot response,is there any api or configuration scopes, zoom is using that will help me to solve my issue?

Hey @khan.amir504,

Unfortunately no.

It is in the request sent to your bot endpoint url:

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy thanks man, i got the user input from cmd,and will modified as per zoom api available for the basic account level

1 Like

Happy to hear! :slight_smile:

Let me know if you have additional questions!

Thanks,
Tommy