API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Endpoint: “Zoom Meeting API > Get past meeting participants”
According to this section of the API docs and the linked page “Zoom API email address display rules”, guests’ email addresses are not returned from the API except in the specific cases listed on the page. Only the email addresses for “users on your own account” are visible.
Does this mean that users are considered external even if they’re internal to the organization, as long as they aren’t added to the Zoom account? I would expect to be able to see those email addresses. Is there any way to always record email addresses within the company domain?
How To Reproduce
- From an admin account, enable “Only authenticated meeting participants and webinar attendees can join meetings and webinars” and set up an authentication profile (“Add Configuration”) with one of the following authentication methods:
- “Sign in to Zoom”; or
- “Sign in to Zoom with specified domains” with the company domain whitelisted.
- As any user on the account, set up a meeting using that authentication profile.
- Join the meeting from an email address that is on the company domain but is not added to the Zoom account.
- Make the API call to retrieve past meeting participants.
- The email address will not show up for the user from step 3.