Using breakout room on iOS with MeetingSDk

Hello @jon.zoom,

I tried 2 different methods but still dones’t work.

Method 1 :

I created the BO room first.

Then, I try to start the BO meeting in the callback method, so the BO created before the startBO called. However, when I assign a user and called “canStartBO” still returns false.

I checked the BOID is right. (same as the BOID created before )
The userID is also right. (I used the id to handle other function which is working)

Method 2 :

I added the same method in the other button. When I click the “Create Button”, I call the “createBO”. When I click the “START BUTTON”, I assign the current user to the bo meeting and call the “startBO” method.

1. Click the “Create Button”, returned the BOID (Creation success)
  2. Wait for 1-5 minutes
  3. Click the “START BUTTON”, still return false on assign and “startBO”

This is what I have been tried. Thank you. Do you have any idea for me to improve?

Regard,
Alex

@jon.zoom

Any updates about this issue, thank you so much.

Regards,
Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

Apologies for the delay! It does seem like the code you’ve provided should be working after updating to assign the user after receiving that callback. I think we’ll need the SDK logs to investigate further. Can you please provide those? Instructions on how to get the logs can be found here.

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom

I downloaded the log, but the file only has garbled characters. I share the file by drive later.

Regards,
Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

The SDK logs are encrypted, so that is expected. It looks like you uploaded all of the logs in that folder. Can you please confirm whether these logs were generated immediately after reproducing the issue? If you’re unsure, you can try reproducing again and then check the last_log_file_id.txt file after for which file was most recently generated.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

I think it should be the CMS TeleCare.app_1.log

Thank you so much.

Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

Thanks for confirming. We’ll investigate the logs and let you know as soon as we have an update.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom

Thank you so much, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,
ALex

@jon.zoom

Any updates about this issue, thank you so much.

Regards,
Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

No updates yet unfortunately, but I will be sure to post here once we have any news. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

@jon.zoom

I created another app with the same flow by swift. But still get the same problem. Here is my code may help your investigation, thank you so much.

As you see, BO is enabled, I am the host, but still cant startBO or assign any user( included the host).

Regard,
Alex

@jon.zoom
Update:
The sample app work after follow the sequence:
createBO → Assign User → startBO
But the code is in swift, not Objective-C

Thanks,
Alex

Hi @lemon97213,

Based on the logs you’ve provided, you are correct that the issue was due to not having participants assigned when trying to start the breakout room. This will be changing in a future release so that you can start it without assigning, but for now this is required.

Also, please note that the onStartBOError callback can help with determining what went wrong in the event of an error.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.