Cannot start breakout room

Description
I wrote the following code to move a meeting participant to a breakout room, but I cannot get it to work because assign and startBo are false.
The code is used by users with host privileges.

let boid = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getCreatorHelper()?.createBO("Room01"))!
let bouserid:Array = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getDataHelper()?.getUnassignedUserList())!
sleep(6)
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getCreatorHelper()?.assignUser(bouserid[0] as! String, toBO: boid)//return false
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getAdminHelper()?.startBO()//return false

I think this is the code that worked before, but please let me know if there is anything I am doing wrong.

Which iOS Meeting SDK version?
5.9.3 with CustomUI

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Can you please confirm that you have received the onHasCreatorRightsNotification, onHasAdminRightsNotification, and onHasDataHelperRightsNotification callbacks before calling these methods?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom,

Thanks for the reply.

I use the Zoom app on my PC to set up the meetings. After I join the meeting, I assign a host to the app from the Zoom app on my PC.
I have confirmed that onHasCreatorRightsNotification, onHasAdminRightsNotification, and onHasDataHelperRightsNotification are all called at the same time when the host is assigned. We confirmed that all three were called at the same time. However, the

let boid = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getCreatorHelper()?.createBO("Room01"))!
let bouserid:Array = (MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getDataHelper()?.getUnassignedUserList())!
sleep(6)
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getCreatorHelper()?.assignUser(bouserid[0] as! String, toBO: boid)//return false
MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.getAdminHelper()?.startBO()//return false

still does not work correctly.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Are you able to reproduce this using the SDK sample app under the same circumstances?

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

In the meantime, I tried to see how it worked with the sample app. When I tried the sample app, even though I turned on CustomUI, when I joined a meeting and assigned a host, when I tapped on “BO Meeting”, only “BOService_GetBOStatus” was displayed and no other functions were available. Is this correct? I know that other menus appeared in the previous version.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

If you are only seeing that option, it means you do not have breakout management capabilities. When I start a meeting as host through the sample app, there are several options for creating/managing breakout rooms. Please see this support article on managing breakout rooms for more information on how to set this up.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

Of course, I have enabled breakout rooms in the meeting settings.
In the desktop Zoom app, I can manage breakout rooms for the same meeting without any problem, but in the sample app, only “BOService_GetBOStatus” is displayed, and other functions are not available.
Once I launch the breakout room in the desktop Zoom app, and then pass the host to the sample app, I can operate the breakout room without operating the desktop Zoom app.

Can you think of any other possible causes?

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

Can you please confirm that you are taking the below steps in the same order they are listed?

1. Start a meeting with the Zoom client
  2. Join the meeting with the iOS SDK sample app with custom UI enabled (i.e. Custom Meeting in meeting settings)
  3. Make the SDK user meeting host through the Zoom client
  4. In the iOS sample app, navigate to More -> BO Meeting
  5. Check available BO options.

Thanks!

Hello @jon.zoom ,

Thanks for the steps. However, I had already followed that procedure and was having problems, but when I tried it some time after handing over the host, the problem went away. It seems to have been a timing issue.

Now that this problem is solved, I’ll check the sample app and check the code.

Thanks.

Hi @KAZUMA87,

That’s great to hear it’s working in the sample app now! Changing hosts in a meeting does involve asynchronous operations, so it is expected that there will be a delay between when the role is assigned and when the new host can manage breakout rooms.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.