Using external camera with android device

Is it possible that 3rd camera, external USB can be use with android device which is connected with OTG adapter or directly to device via bluetooth.

1 Like

https://zoom.github.io/zoom-sdk-android/

In MeetingActivity the is a switchToNextCamera method - I assume if the camera is available you could switch to it. There is not a switchToCamera(index) method or list of cameras available in the SDK (however you could get the cameras outside of the SDK https://developer.android.com/reference/android/hardware/camera2/CameraManager.html)

1 Like

We are using Samsung Gear 360 camera with Samsung s9.

When we use switchToNextCamera method the app only switch between device integrated cameras.

Also we use the camera manager in order to get the number of cameras and it also show us two cameras.

Do you know if the cameras that works with bluetooth + wifi direct are compatible with this SDK?

1 Like

Reopening this topic.
As with the Covid19, many schools in the hybrid scenario (50% in the classroom and 50% online at home) are using Zoom installed on an Android tablet using the tablet internal camera.

It would be a greatly appreciated feature to offer also support for external USB camera (webcam) connected via USB OTG cable, similar to how apps like CameraFi or PrismLive permit it.

1 Like

Hi @MateC, thanks for the post.

Earlier this year, we had to temporarily remove support for USB cameras from the Android SDK. Unfortunately we do not have any additional information available regarding when this functionality will be added back in at this time. Be sure to keep an eye on our release notes for updates in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like

OK, thank you!
It’s appreciated the quick reply and the level of information.

1 Like

the new release 09/28/20 . states share camera option. i tried update zoom . but still not detected

1 Like

Hi @karlomendoza122912, thanks for using the devforum.

It looks like you’re referring to the release notes of the Zoom client for Android. This forums is meant specifically for developers implementing the SDK. For assistance with the Zoom client on any platform, please refer to our general support page.

Thanks!

1 Like

When will this feature be coming back? Looking to integrate a USB webcam (HDMI input) into our daily zoom meetings.

2 Likes

waiting for android to enable usb camera

1 Like

Hi @srinivasrao.sangam, thanks for using the dev forum.

Can you please clarify whether or not you are asking about the Android SDK or the Zoom client on Android?

Thanks!

1 Like

Just want to say I would also like to see USB camera functionality returned to the Zoom client.

1 Like

HI @smokingcatnip, thanks for using Zoom.

It seems that you are requesting this for the Zoom client. This forum is meant only to assist developers who are integrating our SDKs into their own applications. To submit feedback regarding the Zoom client, please fill out the feedback form here. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like

Okay, add the USB webcam functionality back to the SDK, and I’ll write my own application.

1 Like

Hi @smokingcatnip,

The current SDK architecture requires a feature to be added to the Zoom client before it can be adopted in the Client SDK. As a result, the SDK cannot support USB cameras unless the client releases a version with support first.

Thanks!

Oh, okay. In that case, I just want to say I would also like to see USB camera functionality returned to the Zoom client.

Hi @smokingcatnip,

Since this forum is only meant for supporting implementations using the SDK, please use the feedback form mentioned in my previous reply. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!